Dec 7, 2009

Good Morning, Gwada!

After reading The Omnivore's Dilemma and ranting and raving about food, I've been making an effort to buy locally grown food, both plant and animal. One of my favorite things about this area is the fruit. It's incredible. The colors scents and tastes leave me thinking how incredible it is that this stuff just grows. I admit it, it makes me very very happy on some kind of deeper, basic level, to go buy from the local merchant, pick from trees, and go home and make juice with what I've collected. The drawbacks? Well the fruit-flies for one, damn they arrive fast and with all their friends. There's the fact that my blender, however fabulous it is, will someday, at the end of it's life cycle, end up in some landfill someplace. Bummer.
Meantime, take a look at this morning's creation:





Mango, papaya, orange and lime, with some natural yogurt. MMMMMMMMMM-mmmmm!!!!!! Look at that color! You can almost taste it, can't you? And yes, I really do put the lime garnish on the side just for me. All those years of waiting tables paid off in the form of my being able to serve myself a beverage that is not only delicious but also attractive. Mom and Dad are so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment